Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Goodbye Turkey

The last three days in Istanbul have been a blur...spice markets, glittering mosques and palaces, harems, hand-painted tiles in 99 shades of blue, crazy hagglers in the Grand Bazaar, old wooden Ottoman houses on the Bosphorous, new wooden houses piled seemingly on top of one another, street musicıans and candy makers. It's been particularly active ın the neıghboorhood where my hotel is, near the Blue Mosque; crowds of people gather there every day to pray during Ramazan, and stick around to picnic ın the park and enjoy the carnival atmosphere after sunset. I have to say, this cıty is as beguiling as everyone says it is.

Sadly, though, my time here has come to an end; this morning I get on a Chicago-bound plane, so it's goodbye for now to Turkey...Hosça kalın, Türkiye, I'll miss you!

Hmm...I might do one more post tomorrow (wıth photos!) just so I can remember everything (EVERYTHİNG) I've done over the past few days. İ have to admit, I'm a bıt hampered at the moment by a Turkish keyboard that wants all my i's to be ı's and all my commas to be ç's...

No comments:

Post a Comment